Swingshift’s nurse of the month for July 2023 is Eddie! Eddie has been a long-time nurse at Swingshift, having celebrated 9 years. He’s loved the flexibility and accommodating culture. We’re very thankful for his time with us and have loved supporting him on this rewarding career. Congratulations Eddie!
Keep reading if you want to learn more about Eddie’s time with Swingshift.
1. How long have you been with SwingShift Nurses?
I’ve been with SwingShift for 9 years.
2. What are the benefits to agency nursing and why do you choose SwingShift?
I enjoy the flexibility and variety that SwingShift offers. You can pick when and where you work and SwingShift are always so approachable and accommodating which makes me feel very supported.
3. What made you want to specialise in mental health nursing?
I enjoy that no two days are ever the same in mental health. I value being able to play a role in an individual’s recovery during a difficult time in their life through compassion and empathy.
4. What’s the most rewarding part of your job?
Most rewarding is seeing the patient’s progress and journey to recovery. I also enjoy being part of a friendly and supportive team wherever I work.
5. What advice would you give an aspiring mental health nurse?
It’s a very interesting field with unique stories and backgrounds. And although there may be challenges there’s always support and guidance on offer, and regular learning opportunities to help you grow as a nurse.
6. What would you say if you had to sum up SwingShift Nurses in one sentence?
I couldn’t have asked for a more supportive and reliable team that has helped me experience work in many different facilities whilst always making me feel like a valued member.
We would love it if you checked out our Facebook posts, gave them a like, and congratulate Eddie.