Enrolled nurse drug and alcohol
- Specialty : Forensic & Correctional Health
- Location : Multiple Locations
- Date Listed : March 19, 2018
- Apply Before : April 19, 2018
Exciting opportunities exist for dynamic individuals to work within a range of newly established and expanding government and non-government drug and alcohol treatment services. With the incredible growth of this specialised area, this is soon becoming an area of nursing with amazing career opportunities.
SwingShift Nurses are currently hiring for Drug and Alcohol positions based 75kms East of Melbourne.
The organisation provides a range of complementary treatment services to support individuals and families to assist them to recover from the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol. Drawing on their specialist expertise to increase community understanding of drug and alcohol related issues and will develop a pro-active, educative focus to our work.
Role Type: Full Time Role excluding Night Shift.
Directly accountable to the Clinical Coordinator, the Assistant Community Nurse is responsible for providing nursing assistance as well as assessment and education to residents. This position works predominately with residents who are entering treatment to ensure stability and preparedness for future treatment. The successful applicant will attend clinical review meetings ensuring a consistent multi-disciplinary approach to treatment planning whilst assist with admissions and orientation of new residents and those on the waitlist
Successful candidates will possess:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Enrolled Nurse
- A minimum of 3 years post graduate experience in Nursing
- Recent Drug and Alcohol nursing experience and skills
- A current police check
- A current Working With Children Check
- Current Drivers Licence
- Post graduate qualification in a AOD and/or Mental Health highly desirable
Mandatory Skills & Competencies:
- Clinical nursing and assessment skills
- Experience working with clients within the AOD and/or Mental Health sector
- Experience working with ORT clients
- Ability to develop and deliver health education seminars
- Ability to provide training and mentoring
- Promote and lead continuous quality improvement and OH&S work
- Personal attributes: Professional, confident and empathic