Overseas Nurses

Hundreds of thousands of overseas visitors travel to Australia every year to experience our unique lifestyle, wonderful food and nightlife, beautiful beaches and world-renowned sporting events.

Best of all, Australians benefit from some of the fairest salaries and benefits in the world.

Many of our visitors are motivated to work and play, and registered overseas nurses can enjoy the best of both worlds with SwingShift Nurses. We won’t tie you down to any long-term work.


To work as an overseas nurse in Australia, you must register as either a registered or enrolled nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).

There’ll be no jumping through hoops in this process – let us help you with registration! Find out more about AHPRA here.

Tax, Superannuation and Health Insurance

Find out all you need to know about obtaining your Tax File Number (TFN), choosing a superannuation fund, and protecting yourself with insurance for overseas visitors. Read more.

Other Useful Tips & Information

With a high demand for qualified, experienced nurses, Melbourne is the best city to find the exact kind of nursing work you want.

Find out more about living and working in Melbourne, including how to get around using public transport.

Australian Nursing Agency

Australian Nursing Agency (ANA) is SwingShift Nurses nursing agency dedicated to helping overseas nurses move to Australia.

If you want to nurse in Australia, we know how to get you there! Visit ANA’s website if you’re an overseas nurse seeking to move to and work in Australia.